The Copley Prize
All children visiting The Lowry Galleries as part of a primary school group are now eligible to enter a new competition that could see their work mounted next to that of LS Lowry!
The Copley Prize at The Lowry, introduced thanks to the generosity of Lowry Galleries supporters Alison and Noel Copley, is an annual competition that makes a fantastic new addition to our schools engagement offer.
Judged by LS Lowry curator Claire Stewart, the overall winner of this prestigious prize each year receives:
• a free workshop at The Lowry for their school
• a tour of The Lowry Galleries for their family
• their work framed professionally and hung in The Lowry Galleries next to the work of LS Lowry
Nine monthly winners will also receive an official Copley Prize at The Lowry certificate and their work will feature in the online gallery below.
Winner of the Copley Prize 2014 Jack Barker has his artwork displayed in The Lowry gallery.
How to enter:
1. After your school’s visit to The Lowry Galleries, select paintings or drawings inspired by their experience of LS Lowry’s work from the children.
2. Fill in this form; complete your contact name, school, email address and telephone number. Download: Copley_Prize_Entry_Form.doc
3. Ensure that each student’s first name, age, school and title of work is stated clearly on the back of their work.
4. Send (or deliver) all entries (together) to The Lowry at the address below:
The Copley Prize at The Lowry
5. At the end of each month, a winner will be selected and the relevant school notified. The overall winner’s school will be notified in June.
If you would like to submit any work for consideration in June’s competition the deadline for entries is Mon 15 Dec 2014.
The Copley Prize at The Lowry is kindly supported by Alison and Noel Copley.
The Lowry Centre Trust is a not-for-profit charitable organization and registered charity (no.1053962). All income supports our world-class Theatres and Galleries programme, the care and display of the LS Lowry Collection and our life-changing Community and Education work.
1. Any primary school children (Key Stage 1 & 2) attending The Lowry Galleries as part of a school group are eligible for entry.
2. Teachers are welcome to submit an entry from each child in your class or may choose to submit a piece of work that the whole class has worked on together. Please note however, that we will choose an individual piece of art as the winner and not a group of works.
3. Each drawing or painting should be inspired by the work of LS Lowry.
4. The maximum size for entries is A3 (29cm x 42cm). Unfortunately we cannot accept digital copies of work.
5. You will only be notified if your pupil is selected as a monthly winner.
6. The Lowry will be unable to return or keep entries. However, teachers are welcome to arrange collection of work personally providing this is within one month and is clearly requested when submitted.
7. By entering in to the competition you agree for the entry to be displayed and used in any associated publicity by The Lowry.
8. The winner(s) agrees to attend The Lowry (by arrangement) in order to receive their prize and take part in any associated publicity.