The Copley Prize:
Inspire your children with LS Lowry
An opportunity for 4-11 year olds to see their work mounted next to that of LS Lowry!
Next deadline for entries: Friday 24 July 2015
All children aged 4-11 can now enter a prestigious art competition that could see their work exhibited next to LS Lowry’s most celebrated works of art.
Judged by LS Lowry curator Claire Stewart, the annual winner of this prestigious prize each year receives:
• their art work framed professionally and hung in The Lowry Galleries alongside the work of LS Lowry for a full year
• a tour of The Lowry Galleries for their family
• a free set of Derwent Artists coloured pencils
• a choice between a family ticket for a theatre show at The Lowry or a free art workshop for their school.
3 seasonal winners will also receive an official certificate and their entries will feature in our online gallery
Scroll down to find out how to enter.
Winner of the Copley Prize 2014 7-year old Jack Barker has his artwork displayed in The Lowry gallery.
The Copley Prize at The Lowry is kindly supported by Alison and Noel Copley.
The Lowry Centre Trust is a not-for-profit charitable organization and registered charity (no.1053962). All income supports our world-class Theatres and Galleries programme, the care and display of the LS Lowry Collection and our life-changing Learning and Engagement work.
How to enter:
1. Select paintings or drawings inspired by your child's experience of LS Lowry's work (maximum size A3 and limited to one entry per child).
2. Fill in this form if you are a parent or child.
Or please complete this form if you are submitting multiple entries from a school class, and ensure that each student's first name, age, school and title of work is stated clearly on the back of their work.
3. Send (or deliver) all entries to The Lowry at the address below:
The Copley Prize
A seasonal winner will be selected 3 times a year and the relevant applicant or school notified. The overall annual winner will be notified in August 2015 and invited to The Lowry to celebrate and receive their prize.
Terms and conditions:
1. All 4-11 year olds (Key Stage 1 & 2) are eligible to enter.
2. Teachers are welcome to submit an entry from more than one child in their class or may choose to submit a piece of work that the whole class has worked on together. Please note however, that we will choose an individual piece of art as the winner and not a group of works.
3. Each drawing or painting should be inspired by the work of LS Lowry.
4. The maximum size for entries is A3 (29cm x 42cm). Unfortunately we cannot accept digital copies of work.
5. You will only be notified if you are selected as a seasonal (3 times a year) or annual winner.
6. The Lowry will be unable to return or keep entries. However, parents or teachers are welcome to arrange collection of work personally providing this is within one month of the termly winner being announced and is clearly requested when submitted.
7. By entering in to the competition you agree for the entry to be displayed and used in any associated publicity by The Lowry.
8. The winner(s) agrees to attend The Lowry (by arrangement) in order to receive their prize and take part in any associated publicity.