The Untitled Residency is an opportunity for creatives to experiment and take risks without the pressure of having to sell tickets and put on a performance at the end of the week. It is a residency that allows artists to fail, learn form those failures and push their own practice. It gives artists and creatives the freedom to ask questions of their own practice, and focus on working across art-forms and other disciplines (including non-arts based) to experiment within a studio space.
Artists from all backgrounds are invited to apply for a four or five day slot in The Lowry's studio space. Untitled Residency weeks run on weekdays during normal working hours (10am-5pm).
We are looking for project proposals that:
- Are in the very early stages of development that will benefit from experimentation rather than rehearsal
- Explore collaborative approaches to working across art forms
- Have clear aims for the week even if the outcome or the future of the project is not clear
- Involve a diverse mix of people, skills and experience
Whilst your project may not tick all these requirements, it should cover at least three of them in order to be considered for one of the Untitled Residencies.
What you get:
- Up to 40 hours of studio time (Aldridge Studio 3)
- A Small pot of seed funding of £500
- Become part of the Studio Members cohort where artists are invited to events, discussions, networking nights, special offers on tickets and other professional development opportunities
- An opportunity to informally share your work-in-progress and reflect on the process with an invited group if you want to
- The option of having a critical eye at points that suit you
Unfortunately we are unable to offer:
- A space to put on a finished performance or showcase your work to audience, promoters, agents and venues
- Technical support from our in-house team
- Access to the Aldridge Studio's lighting rig or lighting desk
- Access to the Aldridge Studio before 10am or after 5pm
Untitled Residency dates:
Week of the 5 November 2018
Week of the 7 January 2019
Week of the 11 March 2019
Week of the 18 March 2019
Please note that this will be the only round of applications for one of these listed weeks.
If you are interested in applying for the Untitled Residency, please click here to download an application form.
The deadline for this scheme is 10am on 17 September 2018. Successful candidates will be notified by the 24 September 2018.