- Learning & Engagement
- Young People
At The Lowry
Our Learning & Engagement team offer children and young people who engage in our programmes opportunities to complete Arts Award Qualifications.
Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications which allow anyone up to the age of 25 to gain accreditation and even UCAS points as they grow as artists and arts leaders.
Completing an Arts Award inspires young people to connect with and take part in the wider arts world through taking challenges in an art form - from theatre to visual art, Dance to spoken word.
- Discover the enjoyment of creating and participating in any art form
- Develop their creativity and leadership skills
- Learn new skills and share them with others
- Get to work with or experience working with creative arts professionals
- Gain experience and knowledge to progress into further education and employment
Along the way they’re supported by an Arts Award adviser from The Lowry’s Learning & Engagement Team, acting as assessor, facilitator and mentor.
We run bespoke, tailor-made Arts Award programmes for both individuals and groups which complement our Learning & Engagement programme. To find out more about Arts Award please contact us directly.
Proud to be a Good Practice Mentor
This year, The Lowry is proud to have been selected as an Arts Award Good Practice Mentor. As a Good Practice Centre in 2014-15 we’ve been using our expertise and experience of the Good Practice Centre programme to support local 2015-2016 Good Practice Centres.